Friday, March 23, 2012

Lucky Seven Tag Challenge...




I've been tagged by Joylene Nowell Butler, a wonderful author and cherished friend, in this Lucky Seven Challenge.

I'd been tagged a bunch of times and failed miserably at being able to follow the rules, so here's a try at doing it right.

Here are my seven lines from my work-in-progress, 'Dago'. And it's quite unedited! lol...

* * *


The flame took hold on the coverlet, wafting the odor of scorched fabric through the room.

Enrico continued, “I firmly intend, with Your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin.”


Father Giordano, his eyes huge with terror, tried to wriggle away from the infant flame.  “Please, please.”  His face contorted into a horrified mask.  “Why are you doing this?  I’ve never harmed you.”

“Ay, ay, ay.”  Enrico waved a finger.  “But you have!  And you spoke these very words to me as you did it, Father.”

4 comments:

by Sarah Lee said...

I love little pieces like this. Your characters are always so impressive that even a little peek into a story is awesome! Big hugs! I'm so happy you're writing, sweet sis!

Vastine Bondurant said...

You always make me feel like I can do this, sweet sis. Hugs and love!

Joylene said...

Wow! That was awesome. Really. You do such justice to the scene, Carol. I am so hooked.

Vastine Bondurant said...

Thank you, Joylene!
This game has made me want to work on this character more.
My 'darkest' hero, and probably the most fun ever!